As I said in my last post
, I wanted to do the same meme, but looking at my desk at work. Sitting in my cube now, here are some of the more interesting things I can see:
- 1 large coffee mug with VMware logo, currently holding French roast coffee with a splash of soy milk
- 1 coffee mug with Thermo Finnigan logo, currently holding a collection of pens and pencils
- 1 black coffee mug emblazoned with the acronym "RTFM" (as pictured in my user icon), currently empty
- Postcards of Caravaggio's Head of Medusa, Artemisia Gentileschi's Beheading of Holofernes, Chagall's I and the Village, and Rousseau's Sleeping Gypsy, tacked to the cube wall
- 2 foam stress balls, 1 hot pink, 1 neon orange, with smiley faces printed on them
- A rotring Core fountain pen, fine nib, filled with black ink, and a Lamy Al-Star green anodized aluminum fountain pen, fine nib, filled with purple ink
- 2 foam gliders, decorated to look like the space shuttle, that were given away as swag at a conference I attended
- A poster depicting Daleks against the Manhattan skyline
- A tiny toy black Dalek. Its head was glued on backwards, so the poor thing can't see where it is shooting (which is at the foam spaceshuttles)
- A small notebook with a blue leather cover, purchased in the San Lorenzo street market in Florence. It serves as emergency backup memory.
- A junior-size Circa notebook, which holds my calendar and work notes
- half a dozen blank pads of paper, ranging in size from 3" x 5" to 11" x 17"
- a terra cotta pot with 5 tiny succulents, 3 of which are looking ill and 2 of which are flourishing
In short: caffeine-addicted Doctor Who fan with foutain pen fetish and pronounced anti green-thumb.